Homoeopathy is a German system of medicine developed in the late 18th century by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, a renowned clinician, philosopher and an unsung genius. In the 19th century, the system gained popularity all over Europe and America and stalwarts emerged to establish teaching institutions and homoeopathic hospitals. Homoeopathy was brought to India by Westerners travelling seaward. The system gleaned royal patronage in India in the late 19th century and slowly started spreading among the masses. Today, homoeopathy is most popular in the Indian subcontinent, and is the most sought after mode of treatment among the public.
In the realm of modern medicine, where heavy doses of medicines and surgical practices reigned, homoeopathy was a welcome change. The system is based on the fundamental concept of “Similia Similibus Curentur” or “Likes Cure Likes”. Put in simple words, the substance in large doses which produces a particular symptom, would also cure the same symptom , when given in minute concentration.
Homoeopathic medicines are obtained from various sources – plants, animals and minerals, to name a few. They are prepared by process of successive dilutions (called “potentisation”), where the material nature of the substance is highly diluted and slowly the dynamic qualities in them emerge. These dynamic doses are termed remedies as their therapeutic quality increases with every step of potentisation. Thus, the potentised homoeopathic medicines are totally devoid of material substance, thus causing no side effects at all. Instead, the medicines are dynamic and potent enough to activate the body’s vital force to fight against the disease force.
Thus, Homoeopathy embraces the body’s natural response system by either encouraging the symptoms of healing or attack the root cause of illness. It does not just alleviate the symptoms but results in complete cure of the patients by a safe, gentle and harmless method.
SCOPE OF HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE
Homoeopathy treats a person as a whole entity and not just a collection of organs. A holistic approach to the disease ensures complete cure in both acute and chronic cases. From simple diseases to complicated incurable diseases, Homoeopathy follows the same cardinal principles. The efficacy of our medicines are proven in all disease conditions from common cold, diarrhea, fever, infections to chronic conditions like osteoarthritis, bronchial asthma, gastric ulcer, eczema.
They even render surgery unnecessary in otherwise surgical conditions like piles, kidney stone, gall stones, uterine fibroid, enlarged prostrate etc. Complicated cases like auto immune disorders, diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, hyper tension also have a promising recovery with our medicines.
I. Further study in India
- M.D. Homoeo in the subjects mentioned below:
- Materia Medica,
- MSc – Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacology, Psychology.
- MBA – Hospital Management
- Civil examination like IAS
II. Job opportunities in India
- Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy
- Department of Ayush Medical Officer
- National Thermal Power Corporation – Medical Officer
- National Institute of Homoeopathy – Medical Officer / Lecturer
- State Government – Medical Officer / Asst. Medical Officer.
- Corporation – Medical Officer
- Government Homoeo – Medical College – Medical Officer/Lecturer
- State National Rural Health Mission
- Asst.Surgeon, Asst. Civil Surgeon, Civil Surgeon
- Private Medical Colleges – Lecturer/ Medical Officer
- Private Medical Hospitals – Medical Officer
- Medical BPO Services
- Health Officers – Insurance Companies
- Foreign Qualification: PG Course in London
And candidates can practice in Singapore , Malaysia , Gulf Countries, Canada , U.S. (certain states)
The best choice is to start their own private clinic where they can earn more based on their talent and they will have mission satisfaction of curing the patient.