Homoeopathic Pharmacyis taught in first year BHMS. The subject deals with the art and science of collecting, compounding, combining, preparing, preserving and standardizing drugs and medicines according to the Homoeopathic principle; and also dispensing medicines or remedies according to the prescriptions of physicians, which are used in Homoeopathic practice.
It is different from conventional pharmacy in which medical doctors and other healthcare professionals (such as nurses, pharmacists, and therapists) treat symptoms and diseases using drugs, radiation, or surgery. It differs in sources of drugs, collection of drugs, their preparation, dosage forms and dispensing from conventional pharmacy.
Homoeopathic pharmacy has a philosophical background; in other system there is no such philosophy. It is based on theory of dynamisation. It preserves as fully as possible the natural complex of drug. Each drug gets its entry in homoeopathy after complete proving.
Knowledge of Homoeopathic pharmacy guides students in knowing sources of drugs, collection of drugs, their preparation, dispensing, and administration. It also guides about the general knowledge of legislation in relation to Homoeopathic pharmacy.
- Well maintained Herbal Garden with more than 40 species.
- Herbarium Section
- Drug Poster Preparation
- Museum with wide collection of specimens, Charts, laminated photographs
- Well trained dedicated faculty and supporting staff.
- Department library with all relevant text and reference books, 9 Volumes of Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India.
- The department has made innovations in teaching learning methodology like peer teaching and remedial classes.
- Regularly students are visiting Industrial visit annually as instructed by the Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH) to the Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory, New Delhi and GMP licensed Pharmaceutical industries.
- As a part of the curriculum prescribed by the Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH), the interns are re-proving the drugs under the criteria Drug Proving.
- Students are participating in the scholarship programme organized by the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy under the Short Term Studentship in Homoeopathy (STSH) periodically.