National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. NABH has been established with the objective of enhancing health system & promoting continuous quality improvement and patient safety. The board while being supported by all stakeholders, including industry, consumers, government, has full functional autonomy in its operation.
International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua) has accredited NABH as an Organization. The hospitals accredited by NABH have international recognition. This provide boost to medical tourism in country.
NABH is an Institutional Member as well as a member of the Accreditation Council of the International Society for Quality in HealthCare (ISQua). NABH is one of the founder member of Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).
There has been demand from SAARC/ASIAN countries for NABH accreditation and to meet this requirement, NABH has launched NABH International and to begin with Philippines is the first overseas destination for extending NABH accreditation services.
NABH provides accreditation to Healthcare organisations in a non-discriminatory manner regardless of their ownership, legal status, size and degree of independence.
The objective of NABH standards is to improve healthcare quality and patient safety.
NABH currently operates the following accreditation, certification and empanelment programs
2. Small Healthcare Organizations
3. Blood Banks
4. Medical Imaging Services
5. Dental Facilities/Dental Clinics
6. Allopathic Clinics
7. AYUSH Hospitals
8. Primary Health Centre
9. Clinical Trial (Ethics Committee)
10. Panchakarma Clinics
11. Eye Care Organization
1. Entry Level Hospital
2. Entry Level Small Healthcare Organizations
3. Entry Level AYUSH Centre
4. Entry Level AYUSH Hospital
5. Nursing Excellence
6. Medical Laboratory Programme
7. Emergency Department
8. MVTF Empanelment Certification
Introduction to Accreditation
In India, Heath System currently operates within an environment of rapid social, economical and technical changes. Such changes raise the concern for the quality of health care. Homeopathy Hospitals are an integral part of health care system. Accreditation would be the single most important approach for improving the quality of hospitals. Accreditation is an incentive to improve capacity of national Homeopathy hospitals to provide quality of care. National accreditation system for Homeopathy hospitals ensure that hospitals, whether public or private, national or expatriate, play their expected roles in national health system.
According to ISQua “A self-assessment and external peer review process used by health and social care organisations to accurately assess their level of performance in relation to established standards and to implement ways to continuously improve the health or social care system.”
Confidence in accreditation is obtained by a transparent system of control over the accredited hospital and an assurance given by the accreditation body that the accredited hospital constantly fulfills the accreditation criteria.
The AYUSH standards were released in the year 2009 in association with MOHFW, Department of AYUSH, Government of India which later became Ministry of AYUSH. It encompasses relevant and comprehensive quality assurance standards. These are in natural alignment to the hospital standards with a community focus.
Benefits of Accreditation
Benefits for Patients
Patients are the biggest beneficiary among all the stakeholders.
Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety.
The patients are serviced by credentialed medical staff.
Rights of patients are respected and protected. Patient’s satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
Benefits for Homeopathy Hospitals
- Accreditation to a Homeopathy hospital stimulates continuous improvement.
- It enables the Homeopathy hospital in demonstrating commitment to quality care and patient safety thereby ensures best clinical outcomes.
- It raises community confidence in the services provided by the Homeopathy hospital as services provided by credentialed medical staff.
- It also provides opportunity to Homeopathy hospital unit to benchmark with the best.
- An accreditation status also provides marketing advantage in a competitive health care.
- Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties.
Benefits for Staff
- The staff in an accredited Homeopathy Hospital is satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning, good working environment and leadership.
- Efficiencies and competencies of staff also gets improved in an accredited Homeopathy Hospital.
- It improves overall professional development, knowledge and competencies in systematic ways with defined ownership and accountability of all the staff including Medical and Para Medical Staff.
Benefits to paying and regulatory bodies
Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties. Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care.
Our esteemed institution is thriving hard for the entry level certification program for AYUSH hospital. All our hospital staffs are trained towards this accreditation. In near future we are also aiming for full NABH accreditation.
Main clauses of NABH Homeopathy Standards are
1. Access, Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC)
2. Care of Patient (COP)
3. Management of Medication (MOM)
4. Patient Right and Education (PRE)
5. Hospital Infection Control (HIC)
6. Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
7. Responsibility of Management (ROM)
8. Facility Management and Safety (FMS)
9. Human Resource Management (HRM)
10. Information Management System (IMS)
To provide quality homoeopathic treatment and to uplift homoeopathic medical systems to meet the global standards of medicine.
To bring about holistic (mental, physical and spiritual) well being of each individual with cost effective homoeopathic medicine.
VALUES OF OUR ORGANISATION:
To treat all patients equally and be impartial with respect.
We pledge to stay committed to provide world class homoeopathic treatment.
To be consistent always in delivering quality homoeopathic treatment
RESEARCH: To conduct various research programmes to prove credibility of homoeopathy beyond doubt.