Name of the Topic : SUSTAINABLE LIVING THE WAY FORWARD FOR EARTH’s SAKE
Name of the Speaker : Prof. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Ismail, Ph.d., D.Sc., Director, Ecoscience Research Foundation, Chennai.
Conducted Through: Google Meet
Meeting ID: cdp-npnj-aqb
About the Speaker:
Prof. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Ismail is an Indian Soil Biologist and Ecologist. He is known for his technology vermitech which is used to recycle organic garbage into valuable fertilizer using local varieties of earthworms and is also applied in soil bioremediation.
He has published 65 papers in National and International Journals & Proceedings and Supervised 32 students for M.Phil, and 17 students for Ph.D.
He is honoured with a D.Sc. in Zoology from the University of Madras in 2001 for his research in the field of Soil Ecology – Earthworms – Waste Management He is also the Managing Director of Ecoscience Research Foundation.
- Vocational Service Award 1992 93 by the Rotary Club of Madras Metro.
- Exnora‘s Friend of the Environment Award for 1993 presented by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- Commonwealth Association of Science Technology and Mathematics Educators (CASTME) Award for 1994-95.
- Australia International Education Foundation‘s Visiting Fellowship for 1996.
- Award received from CPR Environmental Education Centre 1998-1999.
- Environmental Award by Green India Foundation 1999.
- Award for Vocational Excellence, Rotary Club of Besant Nagar Chennai, 2002.
- Arignar Anna Award by the Department of Environment, Government of Tamil Nadu, India for environmental education and awareness 2005.
- Agriculture Leadership Award by the Bangalore University and the National Council for Organic farming, Government of India. January 2009
- Award of Excellence by the Governor of Jharkand, December 2010
For those who are not able to join the Google meet link, below is the URL for our YouTube Channel. You can view the live telecast of the webinar in our YouTube Channel also.
LIVE ON OUR WEBISTE:
Also you can view the live telecast of the webinar in our website: